RUN WITH PATIENCE—

I am known for doing everything backwards. Getting the cart before the horse. Flying by the seat of the pants. All those things. I don't know why I do that. My husband is so organized it's nauseating. It looks like some of that might have rubbed off on me after all these years, but no. I do love being organized. Being organized does not like me. 

It repels me. 

Literally scorns me.

Turns its proverbial back on me.

I said that to say this. I told you I was going to e-publish The Mississippi Boys. Well, I did. At least I almost did. I got everything done and all that is left is hitting the key that says something like "send it to publish." There was one little item missing. I had verbal permission from my publisher to use my manuscript (just not their book block, which I didn't intend to use anyway) and my book cover, which they designed for me. I sent an email asking permission to use something to which I own the rights anyway, and I will have to wait, wait, wait until after the holiday to get something from them. Please tell me they won't say no! I did a lot of work on preparing for this. My next thought is, "Why didn't you do that to begin with?" I have no answer for me except my anxiousness to get this done. Which leads me to another characteristic which I lack in huge quantity. Patience.

What did I just say? I do everything backwards. Get the cart before the horse. Fly by the seat of the pants! I'm so ashamed. But that likely will only last until the next time. My shamefulness, that is.

Just wanted to update my people on my progress. I really was surprised at how simple the process is. With just one little glitch. After I downloaded NOOK for PC so I could view my manuscript as it will actually appear when you read it, I attempted to save my file. It promptly went into lalaland and when I did finally locate it, well... it went to the black hole which reminds me of how John the Revelator described outer darkness!

I will figure this out! In the meantime, if anyone knows anything about e-pub, let me know. I need all the help I can get.

Until that glorious day when my book is e-published, I'll keep my audience informed.

This so reminds me of a great verse of Scripture and the fact that we are constantly in a race in this life. The key is patience, which I told you I lack in super huge quantity. Here's what my favorite apostle said, "Wherefore, seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us. Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God" (I Corinthians 12:1-2).

I'm so glad I belong to a Heavenly Father who knows the beginning from the end. The real file that is out there somewhere from the one that slipped into outer darkness. He is concerned about the trivial things that keep you and me running to a throne of grace to obtain mercy in the time of need


Well, goodnight on a wonderful day, my birthday (#71), of which I was reminded some 100 times today. Thanks to all my friends and family who sent best wishes. It truly was a great day!

As my husband says, we press on! But not as swiftly as when we first started this wild and crazy run.


Jane Bennett Gaddy
The Mississippi Boys
House Not Made With Hands
Isaac's House

Comments